Friday, June 27, 2008

So I really wish I could just snap my fingers and our apartment would be completely put together. I keep trying, but so far, actual work has been required. Boo. Things are coming along though. Slowly coming along. Yesterday we went to Wal-Mart and bought curtains and curtain rods for the living room and both bedrooms (the only places we have windows). I was super excited about everything we found and couldn't wait to put them up. And then I started trying to put them up. Turns out we have like crazy reinforced window frames or something. If you get too close to the window, nothing goes in the wall. If you move just a bit over, you can get the screws in deceivingly well until there's about 1/4 of an inch left, and then it's just stuck there. Good luck finding the rare spot in the wall that you can actually put a screw into, and it's basically a miracle if the same spot on the opposite side of the window will work. But, after much frustration, spackle, and a trip to Arlington by my wonderful, amazing husband to get a drill from his parents, I have successfully hung the curtains in the living room and our spare bedroom. Today's task is our room. Good luck to us.

Exciting: our bed arrived yesterday! It is currently still in boxes, because the curtain ordeal pretty much zapped any manual labor desires for the day. But, hopefully today we will get it assembled and actually be able to sleep in our room instead of the guest room! Hooray!

Exciting #2: as I sit here typing, the stuff for our second bathroom just arrived! We got this super cute bathroom set from Target that is blue and brown polka dots. I can't wait to put it up! Maybe someday soon our apartment will actually look like a liveable environment!

Before I go, I just have to brag a little bit about our dog. Emmy is pretty much the least intimidating dog I know. She is scared to death of strangers. But, the last few days she has started trying to protect her people. When the cable guy came the other day, she actually barked out loud when he came to the door. (I think my family still believes she doesn't know how to bark.) Then, yesterday and today when the UPS guy has come, she has started growling before he even knocked on the door. She just knew someone who didn't belong here was coming! I'm so proud of my Emmy. Maybe she'll grow up to be a vicious watch dog after all. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home