Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hi friends! I'm back. I did not drop off the face of the earth for a month and a half. I have been very busy. Very. This past weekend we had 2 wedding showers! So much fun! Some of Charles' family hosted a shower for us on Saturday night that was so much fun. The theme was "Around the Clock." On each invitation, there was a particular time of day, and the guests brought gifts appropriate for that time. It was a really cute idea. They had the whole place decorated with times and signs that said things like "Snack time," "Drink time," even "Potty time." And there was a giant cake shaped like a clock that had the time and date of our wedding. So cute! On Sunday we had our shower at Pleasant Ridge. It was a lot of fun too. I have been to so many showers at church throughout the years, and it was kind of weird being on the other end of things! Between the 2 showers, we got more stuff than we will ever know what to do with. It's pretty amazing that God has blessed us with so many people in our lives who love us so much. The current project at hand is now trying to go through everything and find homes for it all, and figure out what needs to be taken back. As always, there were several duplicate gifts. I'm pretty sure we're never going to need 3 tea kettles or 4 decks of Phase 10 cards! It's all very fun and exciting. I'm definitely getting very antsy for the wedding to get here. 31 days to go. Charles and I realized on the way back from Arlington this weekend that the next time we go back will be for the wedding. That's a pretty crazy realization. But it makes me very happy too! I can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home