Monday, October 22, 2007

My apologies to those of you who were creeped out by the picture in my previous post. But seriously, how can you have something like that happen to you and not document? It absolutely had to be done. And, to ease any concerned persons, my eyes have since returned to their typical state of symmetry. All is well.

Periodically, one sees unusual sights here in Abilene, Texas. Just the other day, Megan and I were on one of our typical Bueno runs, when there in the Taco Bueno parking lot we laid eyes upon a motorcycle painted like a cow. Also, there was a stuffed cow strapped on back. I think we both realized what we were seeing at exactly the same time, because the conversation just kind of halted as we took a moment to take it all in. Megan quickly turned to me, and I knew exactly what she was waiting for. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera on me this time. Normally, I carry my camera in my purse at all times, for just this kind of situation. I have a small collection of photos documenting a variety of odd and humorous sights we have run across while out and about in Abilene. My current thought is that some day, when we both break free from the bonds of Abilene, we can compile our snapshots into a coffee table book honoring the... we'll call it uniqueness of Abilene and the surrounding towns. I feel it absolutely necessary to allow inclusions from towns other than Abilene as well, because I would feel completely wrong not including the picture of the dinosaur skeleton made of car parts which Charles and I encountered in Stamford on the way to my family reunion this summer. We actually turned the car around and drove back in order to capture that one. I feel this project will be a good one. Stayed tuned.

Today I was made aware of a fact which shocked and astounded me: Charles does not like hot chocolate!! How could I have remained oblivious to this fact for so many months? Who doesn't like hot chocolate? Especially the way Megan and I drink it, with marshmallows and a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream mixed in? It seems downright wrong! Apparently, Charles revealed this little tidbit of information to Megan earlier today, and asked her if she thought I might call off the wedding because of it. I'll admit I was almost speechless when I found out, but I haven't changed my mind about marrying him. He has plenty of amazing traits that offset this one shortcoming. Besides, if I give up now, there's no hope of conversion!! :) Also, I am completely in love with him. I can't imagine anyone else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with. I am one happy, incredibly blessed girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home