Saturday, August 04, 2007

Here are some highlights of my life right now:

  • I just got back from spending 4 days in Las Vegas with Megan and her aunt and uncle. It was very much fun, and also incredibly exhausting. I ended up being the only one of the 4 of us to win any money. I think I came home about $60 better than when I left. Not too shabby, but I'm beginning to second-guess my decision to quit my job in favor of becoming a professional gambler.

  • Emmy has ringworm. Sad day. We discovered a mysterious scaly lesion on her leg a day or two before I left town. Charles took her to the vet and the diagnosis was made. Now she's on 2 different medicines and has to be bathed with special shampoo. (Did I mention how much she hates baths?) She is considered highly contagious to other dogs, so that means she will be spending at least another week on quarantine in Arlington. I feel like a horrible pet parent. (Random sidenote: the prescription bottles that Emmy's medicine came in say her owners are Charles and Brooke Nobles. Fun!)

  • Yesterday, because we wanted to do something besides clean our house, Megan and I took a quick trip to David's Bridal to look at bridesmaids' dresses. The most important discovery that we made is that there are many, many horribly unfortunate-looking bridesmaids' dresses in the world. Some looked like they were inside out. Some were made of what I like to call "mermaid material." And some were just too horrendous for words. There were a few decent looking ones in the mix, so I am hopeful that my friends will not have to stand next to me in trash bag dresses. Megan assures me that she will not wearanything that in any way resembles a tent, nor will she will let me. This is a true friend.

  • I am getting married in 315 days. Just in case you were wondering. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home