Monday, March 13, 2006

Who knew job hunting could be so exhausting...wow. I spent all day with my friend Bonnie traipsing all over the metroplex checking out hospitals. We started out in Dallas at Medical City, where I expected to find a job fair where I could get some information about internships, but ended up actually interviewing for one. It was a really nice hospital, but I'm not sure how I feel about Dallas. I like it, but it gives me a feeling of being clausterphobic. Everything is so close together. From Dallas we went to Fort Worth and spent the rest of the day there. I talked to my contact at Cooks about my preceptorship and interviewed for an internship at Harris. We also went over to Plaza Medical Center, where I have already been offered an internship. However, I'm not sure about that place. The nurse recruiter there is pretty much insane, from what I can tell, and that makes me nervous. Out of the places I went today, I am most interested in Harris. I was able to interview with the nurse coordinator on the floor I am interested in, and it sounds like a really great floor where I would learn tons. And everyone was so nice. It was a very inviting place and I felt very much at ease. So we'll see. I still have so many other options to consider...it's pretty much overwhelming. I really wish I could just have a peek into my life about 5 years down the road so I could know what's going to happen and where I should go, but I'm pretty much definitely sure that is not going to happen. But I still believe that God will lead me to the place He wants me, I just don't know how that's going to play out. I think it's safe to say that I am in the most exciting, confusing, hopeful, frustrating time of my life thus far. Hopefully everything will fall into place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home