Monday, March 06, 2006

So my life is officially insane. I actually think it has been for quite some time, but I'm just now realizing it. This weekend I witnessed the marriage of one of my best friends to the only girl in the world who is worthy of him. They are incredibly happy, and I am incredibly happy for them. Next weekend I will witness the marriage of another one of my best friends. I get to be in this wedding, which is always fun. It still weirds me out that I'm at the age where all my friends are going off and getting married on me, but it's fun.

This weekend was also Phyllis' 21st birthday. Aside from the strep throat that was lovingly given to her by Mother Nature and a girl at her work, I think she had a good birthday. We stayed at my house and my mom made brownies and cupcakes, we saw Curious George, ate at Chili's, and went to the Fort Worth Zoo. Oh, and after Stephen and Rachael's wedding, we went to Megan's and played ultimate and watched a great movie. Definitely a good time.

I found out today that I got my preceptorship at Cook's in Fort Worth, so I'm pretty excited about that. I think it will be a good experience, and helpful for determining if pediatrics is really the way I want to go. I suppose it's getting about time for me to start looking into applying for jobs for after I graduate as well. All these people in my class today were talking about the interviews they have lined up for spring break and whatnot, and I realized that whether I like it or not, reality is upon me. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally pumped to be out of school and on with being a nurse. Can't wait for it, in fact. The problem is, I have no idea what I really want to do or where I really want to go. I've always said I'd go back to the Fort Worth area and work in a children's hospital. But to be honest, I don't know if that's really what I want or not. A little piece of me wants to go somewhere completely different. It would be an adventure. Part of me is jealous of my friends who are going off to South Carolina and Seattle and other places all over and starting new lives. I don't particularly want to leave the state or anything, but a new area of the state might be refreshing. But I'm afraid. Of what, I'm not exactly sure. There are just so many uncertainties right now. All I know to do is pray that God will lead me exactly where He wants me to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

real life setting in IS pretty weird. it can be so scary, but i know you'll find your niche in nursing and location. you're a sunny girl -- you'll be perfect.

and sorry i "petered out" of zoo plans this weekend...i was trying to spend time with family and it was like a choice between being a bad friend or a bad daughter and granddaughter. yikes! i'm glad it was all fun (except for phyllis' strep. yikes again.)

bottom line, i love you. i love you more than joaquin phoenix and his guitar.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

What is a preceptorship? You should think about the College Station/Houston area--we would have a blast!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home