Monday, November 02, 2009

I think I have figured out my problem. Or, one of them, at least. I have blog envy. I spend my time reading blogs of friends who are so entertaining and humorous and talented, and I think to myself, "There's no way anyone out there wants to waste their time with my boring ramblings, when there are quality blogs to be read!" And so, I don't update my blog. But I have decided this should no longer be an excuse. When I first started blogging, many moons ago, it was not for the purpose of entertaining whatever people might stumble across it, it was to have some sort of outlet for the random thoughts that stumbled across my brain, or to chronicle the current goings-on in my life, purely for my own sense of release. People could read or not read what I had to say, and all was well. But somewhere along the way, I lost that. I began to feel like unless I had something exciting or amusing or interesting to share, I was wasting people's time, so I cut back drastically on my blogging. I have since decided this is ridiculous reasoning, and I need to return to my blogging roots. Go me.

And so it begins...

I am excited to report that I have finally gotten to a stage in pregnancy where I pretty much feel good all the time. Hooray! The morning sickness left around 18 weeks or so, and I have been feeling much more human since. My tummy has also finally started growing to a degree that is obvious to more than just me, which I find exciting. Along with that, my belly button is slowing starting to become an outtie, which I'm not so sure I find equally as exciting. It feels weird, and I find myself walking around pushing on it like a button, like maybe it will make something special happen. So far, nothing to report. Another thing I am loving right now is feeling Landry (that's her name, in case you missed it) move around inside me. It's unlike any feeling I've ever felt before, and I really think I will miss it after she's born. I was trying to explain to Charles the other day how I think I might be kind of sad after she's here and I can't take her everywhere with me all the time and know she's ok. Obviously, I expect that the joy and excitement of actually seeing her and holding her and loving her will drastically overshadow this tiny sadness, but I still think it will be there. I don't think he got it. I can't blame him. It does seem pretty silly. Oh well. I can tell you what I won't miss, though. This feeling that some tiny, baby appendage is constantly pushing on my right ribs. I don't know what to do with that. I just noticed it about a week or so ago, and it is super uncomfortable! Most of the time I can reposition myself enough to either make it go away or become less noticeable, but it always comes back. Annoying. But then I feel those little kicks, and I smile and life is good again. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am a hypocrite in that I am going to beg you to continue blogging and I don't know if I'll ever get back on the ball as well.. either way lets do it! I love this blog brooke. Its little basic things you are thinking in your first pregnancy and its magical. I'm living vicariously :P And the "swimming around" baby totally freaks me out but I'm also uber jealous :)))) See you in January!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

ok, so your honesty is WORTH READING! seriously...i am so impressed with you just coming out and saying what you feel. thanks. also, i really loved reading your thoughts about your pregnancy. that is special. -alison thompson

6:42 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I'm so glad you updated, Brooke! I'm also glad that all is well with you and Landry. Keep the updates coming! :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Awe! I felt the same way! Being preggo w/Ryder was like having a wittle buddy with me everywhere I went. I was never alone. It was very sweet, and I do miss the wittle kicks and rolls from my wittle baby. I can't stop saying wittle. Weally. But seriously! I totally understand! You're just the cutest preggalista! :) And I made that word up just now, for you. Bye! :)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home